Amtrak Office of Inspector General (OIG) Jobs
(Please note that Amtrak OIG is not a federal agency; these are not federal government positions)
The mission of the Amtrak Office of Inspector General (OIG) is to provide independent, objective oversight of Amtrak’s programs and operations through audits, inspections and evaluations, and investigations focused on improvements to Amtrak’s economy, efficiency, and effectiveness; preventing and detecting fraud, waste and abuse; and providing Congress and Amtrak’s Board of Directors with timely information about problems and deficiencies relating to Amtrak’s programs and operations.
Amtrak OIG seeks highly qualified, motivated and diverse professionals to join its team and make significant contributions to achieving its mission.
Current employment opportunities at Amtrak Office of Inspector General are as follows:
|Audit Manager||Washington DC (4 positions)||March 10, 2014|
|Criminal Investigator Trainee||Los Angeles, CA||February 26, 2014|
How To Apply
Please submit your resumé only; other documents--such as cover letters, federal forms, diplomas, certifications, etc.--will not be reviewed.
You must complete both steps.
Step 1: Submit your application on the Amtrak Careers Portal
2) Click "Search For Your Career Opportunity"
3) Under Functional Area, click on 'Office of Inspector General', then click 'Start'
4) Complete the application process
The Amtrak.com application involves two steps: (1) the Applicant Profile and then (2) the actual application process. It is recommended that you use one of the following web brosers with the Amtrak Careers Portal: Microsoft Internet Explorer (up to version 9), Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari (up to version 5.1). Please note: Google Chrome and Apple Safari 6.0 are not supported at this time. The use of other browsers, or version numbers, is not recommended as it will likely impede a successful submission.
Step 2: e-Mail your resume to us at OIGHCM@amtrakoig.gov (required)
- Please allow at least 30 minutes to complete the application. The Amtrak Careers Portal will time out after 30 minutes of inactivity. If this happens, you will lose all data entered.
- Once an application has been submitted it cannot be updated or edited. Make sure that your contact information is accurate.
- If you encounter any problems with this process, you may call the Amtrak.com Help Desk at 202.906.2739.
What to Expect Next
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail following successful application submission through the Amtrak website. If you do not receive an email, please review your submission to make sure that you completed the final step.
- Resumés will be screened and qualified candidates will be submitted to the hiring manager for further review.
- If selected by the hiring manager, you will be contacted for an interview.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we respectfully request that you refrain from contacting us to follow up on your application.
Amtrak OIG is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or other protected characteristic.